- 86% of Americans are pro-free enterprise, yet only 61% are pro-capitalism.
- 58% of Americans are anti-socialism, while 33% are anti-capitalism.
- 4% of Americans are anti-small business. (Fat Cat CEOs, I suppose?)
- Americans are split on big business (49% pro and con).
When broken down by ideological identification, there are some more bizarre findings:
- 60% of liberals are pro-capitalism and 61% are pro-socialism. What explains this apparent ambivalence?
- 87% of liberals are pro-free enterprise!
- 20% of conservatives are pro-socialism. No surprise there.
- More liberals are pro-capitalism/free enterprise than moderates. What?